Company: J. B. Hunt Transport
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for
performing intermediate-level maintenance, service, and repair of
J.B. Hunt tractors and other equipment. Technicians must be able to
troubleshoot issues and complete all fleet maintenance processes
and ensure that units always meet J. B. Hunt specifications.
- Averages projected at $20.57-$30.32
- $1,500 sign-on bonus available
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after just 30
- $150 yearly boot allowance
- Demonstrate proficient technical knowledge of preventative
maintenance, replacement of parts/components, and more difficult
repairs as it pertains to tractor maintenance including but not
limited to the fuel system, battery, engine, drive train, onboard
computer, transmission, air brake systems and FHWA
- Accurately perform intermediate-level repairs to company and
manufacturer's specifications, complete work orders, and
demonstrate understanding of company requirements for standard
repair times (SRT) and warranty guidelines.
- Always maintain professional communication with J.B. Hunt
personnel and customers.
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety
- Troubleshoot tractor issues; work independently and seek
assistance as needed.
- Participate in Original Equipment Manufacture training for OE
- May assist with the onboarding and mentoring of new tractor
- 18 years of age.
- 1-2 years of experience in semi-tractor maintenance and repair
and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across
multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if
- A/C Certification.
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & air brakes.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- EPA section 608 certification and refrigeration
- Knowledge of ABS system
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) effectively and
read documents and/or information in English
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliances
up to 50 pounds)
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Proficient active listening skills, computer skills, and/or
comfortable working with a computer
- Proficient deductive reasoning skills, organizational skills,
problem-solving skills and time management skills.
Keywords: J. B. Hunt Transport, Gresham , Trailer Technician, Professions , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...