Local Route Driver
Company: Waste Connections
Location: Hood River
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Hood River Garbage, a Waste Connections Company, is looking to hire
a Commercial Driver to run our Refuse/Recycle Route in Hood River,
Valid Class B CDL license with air brake endorsement preferred , OR
the ability to obtain a CDL through on the job training.
Starting pay for non-CDL is $27.00/HR, after obtaining CDL permit,
wage will increase to $28.50 and CDL holders start at $30.00/HR
In this position, you will be responsible for collecting and
loading waste, as well as transporting this waste by a rear load
truck to a landfill and /or transfer station. This a physically
demanding job with big time benefits! We offer competitive pay
along with an opportunity to join us for a long term career! If you
are a dependable, team-oriented and service-driven person, with a
passion for the environment, we may be the perfect place for
This is a local route working Monday - Friday, 6:00 AM, overtime
often & competitive wages!
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment
where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then
doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our
What we offer:
- Paid CDL Training for non-CDL licensed Driver!
- Competitive Wage! $$$
- Yearly Safety Bonuses $$$
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- 401K Match Program
- Uniforms/Safety Gear Provided and Laundered.
- Yearly Boot allowances of up to $200.00 a year
- Stable Year Round, Full Time work.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
pharmacy coverage, dependent care and health care flexible spending
accounts, long term & short term disability, life insurance, an
employee assistance program, paid time-off, sick time-off, 401K
retirement plan, and an employee share purchase program. Plus
unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to read route Tablet/sheets and service each customer
identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform Daily Pre-trip and Post-Trip DOT inspections on
vehicles. Such as checking fluids, safety equipment, lights and
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and
unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose
of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other
miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such
as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent
wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and
vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Valid Class A or B CDL license with air brake endorsement
required, OR the ability to obtain a CDL through on the job
- Clean driving record
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. laws
- Ability to work 40-50 hours a week
- Schedule flexibility to work M-F with a starting time of 6:00
AM (occasional Saturdays but No Sundays!)
- Willingness to submit to and pass background check and
pre-employment drug screening test
- Ability to read, write and comprehend reports to complete daily
Physical Demands Include:
- Ability to function in a wide variety of environments to
withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work
assignments (i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, and move and maneuver up to
- Ability to mount and dismount the truck multiple times every
day while on route
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Gresham , Local Route Driver, Professions , Hood River, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!