Regional Plant Operations Manager
Company: Pacific Coast Producers
Location: The Dalles
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Pacific Coast ProducersLocation: 101 Madison St., The Dalles,
OR, 97058, United StatesEmployee Type: Full-TimeJob Category:
Regional ManagerIndustry: ManufacturingRequired Degree:
FOUR_YEAR_DEGREEManage Others: YesPacific Coast Producers, one of
the nation's top food production companies, is seeking a highly
capable Regional Plant Operations Manager to oversee its food
manufacturing operations located in The Dalles, Oregon.Overview:
The Regional Plant Operations Manager is responsible for the
overall direction and control of a high-speed, high-volume, growing
cherry processing operation. This includes organizing and directing
the business on all work shifts, by providing leadership, guidance,
planning, and support to all departments, including production
teams, quality assurance, safety, environmental, purchasing, and
industrial maintenance.Key responsibilities include:
- Directly responsible for oversight of the management and
performance all facility operations in The Dalles, including but
not limited to production, maintenance and repair, quality
assurance, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance,
shipping and receiving, employee and labor relations, and
- Ensure production volume and quality output in keeping with
established requirements and customer needs.
- Actively lead plant planning, continuous improvement, and
budgeting processes. Manage related fiscal objectives, analyze, and
supervise performance as it relates to budget and production
- Work with relevant management to prepare financial analysis of
capital projects. Track capital projects and perform
post-installation 'return on investment' analysis.
- Develop, train, and coach managers and supervisors,
establishing goals and growing management personnel. Identify
training and development needs and help recognize staffing and
personnel needs at all plant organizational levels.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable GMP, HACCP, and
food safety requirements, and adherence to OSHA regulations and all
Company safety and food safety programs, policies, and procedures.
Promote a "safety first" culture, confirming that all facility
property and equipment complies with applicable law.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of all required plant
reports and recordkeeping, ensuring such is clear, accurate and
sufficiently detailed. Such reporting includes those relating to
customer or employee complaints, work-related injuries or
illnesses, employee discipline, and management performance reviews.
- Relevant bachelor's degree and/or master's degree.
- Five (5) years progressive management experience in a food
- Highly effective communicator (e.g., verbal, written,
presentation) with the ability to build relationships internally
with all employees, as well as the local community. Bi-lingual in
Spanish a plus.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask and meet
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, with examples of
steering positive change.
- Background in manufacturing methods, process improvement
experience, and quality management including through GFSI and other
third-party audit requirements and procedures.Other Information:
- Employee benefits include: 401(k) retirement plan with employer
contribution/matching; health and welfare (dental, life, vision)
insurance plans; paid vacation, holidays, and other time off.
- Primary work location: The Dalles, Oregon; with occasional
travel to Salem, Oregon.
- Remote work availability: No.
- Reports to: General Manager, Oregon Cherry Division.
- Direct reports: Plant Operations Superintendents; Plant Human
Resources Manager; EHS Manager; Maintenance Manager; Quality
Assurance Manager; Purchasing Manager; and Wastewater Manager.Come
join our Team!Pacific Coast Producers is an equal opportunity
employer who recruits qualified applicants and provides employment
growth opportunities without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic
information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran
status, or any other status protected by law. EOE
Keywords: Pacific Coast Producers, Gresham , Regional Plant Operations Manager, Professions , The Dalles, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!