Community Volunteer Corps Liaison (CVC)
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The CVC Liaison leads groups of client volunteers in projects in
and around the Portland metropolitan area. The Liaison assists the
Supervisor and Director in identifying and fostering partnerships
and opportunities for clients in CCC's outpatient treatment and
housing programs. The Liaison participates in the intake,
orientation, assessment, and other relevant program processes. They
offer administrative support provide client mentoring, project
supervision, and project-related feedback. The Liaison works with
CVC staff to assess the effectiveness and quality of work provided
by volunteers, offers support, and keeps in close contact with
on-site partners to monitor the program's effectiveness.
TITLE: Community Volunteer Corps Liaison
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead groups of volunteers on pre-determined projects.
- Provide constructive feedback to volunteers concerning
- Foster positive and supportive relationships with volunteers,
partners, and the community.
- Transport volunteers to and from worksites.
- Maintain the van's condition, not to include performing
- Provide program administrative support.
- Assist in the recruitment and placement of volunteers.
- Attend relevant CCC meetings and training.
- Assess and address CVC program needs and concerns in a timely
- Assist with volunteer time tracking, data collection, and
- Attend relevant community partnering meetings and partner
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security
regulations applicable to the program and CCC policies and
agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to consider the impacts and outcomes for underserved
communities during the decision-making process.
Ability to assess impacts of oppression, structural racism, and
individual bias on client
- Demonstrated knowledge of homelessness, mental health,
addiction, and health issues faced by the population being
- Extremely organized and self-motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and necessary
- Ability to work as a team member with other staff.
- Ability to learn and apply training instruction.
- Understanding of leadership and ability to provide when
- Knowledge of de-escalation methods or the ability to be trained
in de-escalation methods.
- Ability to work in an environment and maintain composure where
people may be hostile or abusive.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks with accuracy and with
strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain standards of quality and traceability in
every aspect of their job.
- Ability to establish rapport with a variety of volunteers,
co-workers, community partners, and the general public.
- Ability to learn the proper use of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in
- Ability to comprehend and apply written and oral
- A high level of organizational and communication skills is
- Ability to prioritize and manage time.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree
- Community Volunteer Corp program graduate preferred.
- Experience working with individuals in recovery.
- A recovering chemically dependent person must have maintained
sobriety for a minimum of nine (9) months and currently be clean
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and other standard
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
check. Work on this specific contract prohibits convictions of
child or elderly abuse, offenses against persons, sexual offenses,
or child neglect.
- Must not be a registered sex offender.
- Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use.
The cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
- Must possess a current driver's license, access to a vehicle,
qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City
- Concern's Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers
training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued
recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage
of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability
- Must adhere to the agency's non-discrimination policies.
- Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform
duties and assigned tasks.
- Must be able to work individually or with a group.
- Must generally have the ability to regularly bend and turn
repetitively, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift
objects up to 25 pounds and climb stairs, with reasonable or no
- Must be able to work with several different types of
- Must be able to effectively interact with co-workers and
clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political
affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual
orientations and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with
applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for
employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual
requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC
to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to
address prior criminal convictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: coach, recruit, train, volunteer, volunteer
coordinator, volunteer management, volunteer manager, volunteer
Keywords: Central City Concern, Gresham , Community Volunteer Corps Liaison (CVC), Other , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!