Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Since 1979, the Portland community has trusted Central City
Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change.
We serve more than 13,000 people experiencing or at risk of
homelessness annually with affordable and supportive housing,
person-centered health care, addiction recovery, and employment
assistance. By providing health care, housing, and jobs, CCC is
ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their
CCC is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our team! Hybrid
position after 30 days of training.
The overall function of this position is to execute the complete
cycle preparation of payroll for Central City Concern (CCC). This
position will provide excellent customer service to a diverse
employee base. Experience in the understanding and application of a
union agreement is significant. Knowledge of UltiPro and Ultimate
Time Management (UTM) software is desired.
- Responsible for successfully and accurately processing
bi-weekly payroll in UltiPro in compliance with all applicable
laws, CCC policies, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to those within and
outside of CCC.
- Manage the UTM system, including obtaining approvals from
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the
organization's collective bargaining agreement.
- Assist with the entry of accounting information into MIP.
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of the UTM and UltiPro
payroll systems and provide ongoing analysis and recommendations
for improved product utilization.
- Provide recommendations to increase the accuracy and efficiency
of the payroll process.
- Review and confirm data accuracy in the UltiPro system,
including correct job titles, worker's compensation codes,
supervisor information, and all other critical data.
- Review and approve all new hire information and status changes
from the Human Resources Department.
- Compile, record, and pay all employee expense
- Manage all aspects of employee garnishments, including
responding to creditors, notifying employees, auditing balances,
and entering into UltiPro.
- Calculate audit union step increases, non-union seniority
bonuses, high understanding, and other special pay rates in
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal payroll tax laws
and wage and hour laws.
- Assist with the review of UltiPro's year-end checklist and
- Prepare final paychecks and paycheck corrections.
- Train managers and employees on the UTM system and ensure
compliance with all UTM policies and procedures.
- Assist in researching monthly payroll-related bank account
- Resolve information requests and other employee questions
regarding pay rules, discrepancies, and garnishments.
- Create and maintain the checklist of bi-weekly payroll
procedures and the payroll training manual.
- Compile payroll and management reports from UltiPro Report
Studio and UltiPro Query Studio on an as-needed basis
- Other payroll reports as necessary.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned from time to time by
the Financial Manager.
- Bachelor's degree or Payroll Certification preferred.
- Minimum four years of experience in payroll processing for
- In-depth knowledge of payroll administration.
- Extensive experience with bargaining agreements and represented
payroll processing Preferred.
- Excellent computer skills. Microsoft Office applications,
especially Excel and Word. SAGE MIP fund accounting software
- UltiPro and UTM experience preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background
- Adhering to Central City Concern's drug-free workplace
encourages a safe, healthy, and productive work environment and
strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Ace of 1988. An
employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture,
distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 4.25% in your 1 st year, 6% in the 2 nd year, and 8% in your 3
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long-Term
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14,
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with
applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for
employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual
requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC
to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to
address prior criminal convictions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: benefit, benefit specialist, bonus, compensation
analyst, consultant, global compensation, incentive compensation
consultant, incentive compensation specialist, pension, salary
Keywords: Central City Concern, Gresham , Payroll Specialist, Other , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!