Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: September 22, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Gresham School District!Servicing a fleet of Thomas HDX/C2,
IC bus and GM Vans!$2,000 Sign On Bonus!First things First: Who are
we? Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is
the leading school transportation solutions provider in North
America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving
more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of
highly trained drivers and the industry s strongest safety record,
First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school
districts. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $28 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT flat
- $2,000 Sign on bonus! (Conditions apply. Offer expires
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday Days full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel Mechanic
with First Student, you will help maintain and repair diesel school
buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety, while providing
guidance to lower-level technicians. Other major job duties
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Technician
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with First
Student! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Group, Gresham , Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Other , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!