Registered Nurse (RN), On-Call
Company: Albertina Kerr Centers
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Campus - Subacute -
Portland, ORPosition Type Full Time or Part TimeEducation Level 4
Year DegreeSalary Range $46.59 - $46.59 HourlyTravel Percentage
NoneJob Shift All ShiftsJob Category Children's Mental Health
Services As an On-Call Registered Nurse (RN) you'll be directly
responsible for provide nursing care to the children in the
Subacute program and other children served as arranged by the
treating psychiatrist and the program director. The On-Call RN is
required to meet all state, federal, licensing and contract
standards including accreditation bodyBehavioral Health Standards
andensures safe management of all medical care for the children
served. This positions requires a Bachelors of Science in Nursing
(BSN) degree in order to be trained and licensed by the state of
Oregon to act as the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention
Specialist. Our Children's Psychiatric Crisis (Subacute) program
offers short-time, safe, and secure residential placement for
children and teens who are experiencing a mental health crisis.
Services focus on mental health stabilization, psychiatric
evaluation, and transitionalplanning with an averagelength of stay
around three weeks. Common diagnoses include major depression,
suicide ideation, and anxiety. You'll support a diverse population,
including transgender and nonbinary youth as part of an impactful,
multidisciplinary team.Albertina Kerr empowers people with
intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health
challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives
and reach their full potential.Join our team, get a $2,000 sign-on
bonus!All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or
meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to
beginning work.Essential Duties
- Complete the medical admission process.
- Provide routine healthcare, basic triage and emergency care
including assessment and documentation of treatment of
- Serve in the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention
Specialist (LCESIS) role authorizing and overseeing restraints and
seclusions. Oversee ESIs and assist with OIS physical interventions
as needed during crisis situations.
- Manage childrens medications by maintaining safe medication
- Act as a medical/nursing resource to the children and families
served and provide health education as needed.
- Prepare all discharge medication prescriptions and obtain
psychiatrist signature prior to childs discharge. Provide discharge
medication instructions to clients families/caregivers upon
discharge to home.
- Proficiently complete phlebotomy services.
- Complete medication cart audits per policy.
- Assist line staff by supervising the children on the units to
maintain milieu safety. Participate as a recreation leader and
assist with any other unit activities as needed.
- Proficiently administer tuberculin skin tests for new
- This position may include working other shifts as needed. *May
involve exposure to pathogens and possible
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of
Oregon. Bachelors degree required. Nurses holding a Bachelors of
Science in Nursing (BSN) degree will be trained and licensed by the
state of Oregon to act as the LCESIS. BSN nurses will be
responsible for completing all duties in the Licensed Child
EmergencySafety Intervention Specialist.
- Previous experience working in mental health preferred, but not
- Meet the following physical demands: meet physical requirements
of Oregon Intervention System and ability to respond physically to
crisis intervention; stand for long periods of time; twisting,
running, and some heavy lifting (minimum of 50 pounds).
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite.Required
Keywords: Albertina Kerr Centers, Gresham , Registered Nurse (RN), On-Call, Other , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!