Supportive Housing Retention Specialist (Clackamas
Company: El Programa Hispano Cat--lico
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionEl Programa Hispano Católico (EPHC) is seeking a
Full-Time Supportive Housing Retention Specialist! Join a
passionate team dedicated to improving housing stability for
communities in Clackamas County! As a Supportive Housing Retention
Specialist, you will help individuals and families who have moved
from temporary housing shelter situations into permanent rental
housing within the Metro jurisdictional boundaries. Applying an
Assertive Engagement skills and a trauma-informed approach, you
will work to empower families to maintain permanent, independent
housing through acquiring income, promoting physical and emotional
health, and building community. Housing Retention staff build
authentic relationships and work effectively with participants,
regardless of their backgrounds, language (Spanish and/or English),
family histories, household composition, and engage families in
their homes and in community settings.El Programa Hispano Católico
(EPHC) is a culturally specific organization providing an
interrelated range of services and programs to advance racial
equity and social justice through the power of our Latinx culture,
community and self-determination. EPHC's vision is a thriving
Latinx Community living to our fullest potential.To learn more
about our amazing Organization visit our website at:
https://www.elprograma.org/ EPHC's culture is built on a foundation
of teamwork to advance racial equity and social justice through the
power of our Latinx roots, culture, and communityBenefits at
- Vacation and Sick Time Benefits
- 14 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Options for Employee and their
dependents (100% Employer paid options for Employee Coverage)
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability Insurance Options
- Long Term Disability Insurance Options
- Group Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program Qualifications:
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) and bi-culturally
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing in
Spanish and English.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience and knowledge working with a broad range of issues
affecting homeless Latinos/Communities of Color.
- Intermediate proficiency in all programs of Microsoft Office;
experience with data entry.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion in dealing with
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive,
take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple
priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High
attention to detail required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently;
be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics in a fast paced
- Ability to support organizational and program specific mission
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Must have driver's license, ability to obtain automobile
insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100).
- Satisfactory results from civil, criminal and motor vehicle
background check required.
- Requires both in-person and remote work.Essential Duties:
- Work cooperatively with multiple agencies and attend team
meetings to connect households to services including, workforce
training, domestic violence support, and wellness resources.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with resident services
coordinators, property managers and management companies to support
- Assist in the development and implementation of individual
goals and objectives to attain stability, housing and ultimately
maintain self- sufficiency.
- Assist in obtaining documentation and applying to housing.
- Address barriers to individual goals and objectives including
(but not limited to) - physical and mental health, past financial
and rental history, substance use, income development, tenant
education, socialization, substance abuse, and basic needs.
- Provide case management for participants with documented notes,
remote check-ins, and physical check-ins as needed.
- Conduct and assess clients by the use of an assessment to
further understand the causes of their homeless situation and to
provide appropriate community services to the client.
- Facilitate participant admission into program; research and
connect participants to existing social services, utilizing a
Housing First model.
- Ensure accurate, consistent, and legible record keeping of case
management on each participant in case load. This includes in-take,
exit, and follow-up documentation.
- Financial record keeping. Track and maintain up to date records
of expenditures and manage client assistance budget.
- Maintain accurate and efficient physical and electronic records
with respect to Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and
EPHC database to enter and exit participants from database as
- Work closely with the Program Manager, Social Worker, and in
tandem with the Supportive Housing Case Manager.
- Maintain confidential participant files in database/s and
compliance with HIPAA, El Programa Hispano Católico, and funder
policies and procedures.
- Adherence to El Programa Hispano Catolico policies and
- Actively participate in team projects including EPHC
organization-wide, team, program, and partner meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by EPHC
supervisor.COMPENSATION: Hourly $20.00-$22.00, compensation is
commensurate with skills and experience. EPHC is committed to
providing a safe workplace for our staff and to serve as a positive
force in ending the COVID 19 pandemic. We believe that requiring
vaccinations as a term of your employment serves this commitment.
All employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
or qualification for a medical or religious exemption. By applying
for this position, you represent you meet these job requirements.
Failure to do so will disqualify you from employment.TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and resume at:
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: El Programa Hispano Cat--lico, Gresham , Supportive Housing Retention Specialist (Clackamas, Other , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!