Part-Time Veterans Grant & Per Diem Peer Support Specialist
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal
and community transformation.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age,
and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we
prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
Central City Concern is seeking a Peer Support Specialist!!
Schedule: Thursday-Sunday 3:00pm-11:30pm
Summary: This position supports formerly homeless Veterans who
participate in the Veterans Grant & Per Diem transitional housing
program. The Peer Support Specialist will work closely with
clients, case managers, as well as other service providers to
coordinate services and ensure ongoing support of program
participants as they work toward the program goals. The Peer
Support Specialist will act to support the stability of individuals
within the program, is familiar with resources for Veterans such as
benefits and entitlements, alcohol and drug treatment, mental
health treatment, and housing. The Peer Support Specialist can be
effective working independently, as a member of a team, and as a
part of a larger coalition.
1. Assist Veterans in working toward the program goals of income
enhancement, seeking permanent housing, and developing
2. Exemplify recovery and self-sufficiency principles in order to
show by example that self-reliance in a clean and sober setting is
possible and attainable. Share your own recovery and
self-sufficiency story as appropriate.
3. Work with peers on specific objectives in conjunction with their
case manager and the Veteran's Individual Service Plan.
4. Attend and positively participate in the required team, agency,
and interdisciplinary meetings.
5. Coordinate and consult with other team members to keep the team
informed of issues and progress of each Veteran.
6. Collaborate with community resource agencies to remove barriers,
provide intervention and make referrals for issues facing Veterans
in a variety of areas.
7. Educate Veteran about employment assistance options,
service/non-service connected and social security benefits, and
community engagement opportunities.
8. Document all peer contact at the time of service.
9. Provide ongoing individual support and encouragement to Veterans
and give feedback regarding Quarterly Reviews Plans.
10. Work with internal and VA service providers to assure
coordinated and streamlined services.
11. Support clients in achieving housing stability, including, but
not limited to assistance with moving in, obtaining linens, dishes,
food boxes, and clothing.
12. Support clients in establishing community integration,
including, but not limited to accessing recovery meetings,
faith-based support, clean and sober recreation, etc., in their
13. Facilitate activity groups, workshops, and social activities in
14. Assist in developing skills with public transportation as
15. Adhere to all state and federal privacy and security
regulations applicable to the program, and to CCC policies and
agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. High School or GED required.
2. Certified Recovery Mentor or Peer Support Specialist, or ability
to obtain within 1 year.
3. Knowledge of veteran-specific services available in the local
4. If a recovering chemically dependent person, a minimum of two
years sobriety is required.
5. Flexible work schedule required, including some evening and
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
7. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach,
pull and lift heavy objects.
8. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
9. Must possess a current driver's license, pass a DMV background
check and be
designated an "acceptable" driver as outlined in Central City
Concern's Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers
training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits
package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 6.25% in your 1 st year, 8% in the 2 nd year, and 10% in your 3
rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Central City Concern, Gresham , Part-Time Veterans Grant & Per Diem Peer Support Specialist, Other , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!