Posted on: May 12, 2022
Work Mode: Onsite
Location: Portland, OR (NE)
Shift: Mon-Fri, 6:00am-2:30pm *Saturday overtime available
Status: Full Time Hourly / 40 hours per week
Pay: $18.50 - 20.00, depending on experience
Want to build a career you can be proud of? Kohler Co. is hiring
immediately within our Ann Sacks Manufacturing team! We're looking
for passionate people to join a culture dedicated to safety and
innovation-with opportunities for advancement within our growing
What we offer:
- Market leading benefit package, including:
- 401k plan with company match
- 10+ paid holidays annually
- 2 weeks vacation
- 1 week sick pay
- Work shoe reimbursement ($125 annually)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Health insurance with monthly premiums currently as low as $20
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Voluntary benefit options such as identity protection and pet
- Discounts on Kohler products
- Tuition support for advanced education
- Growth and career advancement opportunities
We are looking for a Machine Operator in Portland's manufacturing
facility where our MADE tiles are hand crafted. This position
primarily supports our forming/pressing department but will also
float to different workstations in the factory as needed.
- Operate various machines in the production process of raw
materials being formed, fired, glazed, inspected, and packed.
- Perform custom cutting of bisque shapes as required.
- Perform sanding and grinding, as necessary.
- Inspect products for quality control.
- Practice and follow all required safety regulations.
- Maintain work area. Keep equipment, tools, and machinery in clean
and safe working condition.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor to support meeting factory
Relationships & Contacts:
Reports to Manufacturing Supervisor. Secondary report to Process
1. Frequent contact with most manufacturing positions, including
sprayers, machine operators, inspectors, and maintenance staff.
2. Occasional contact with Scheduler & Operations Director.
- 1 year of relevant experience in a manufacturing, production,
ceramics, or warehousing environment.
- 18+ years old
- Ability to communicate effectively for manufacturing production
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or
without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical requirements: This position requires frequent
standing, walking, bending, and reaching. Regularly lifting of 20
pounds, occasional 50+ pounds.
- Ability to follow all safety policies and procedures Tofully
demonstrate our commitment to the health, safety, and wellbeing of
ourassociates, we are requiring all U.S. based team members to be
fully vaccinatedagainst COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We
believe this pathforward further strengthens our workforce and the
future growth and resilienceof our company and community.
Individuals with medical conditions orsincerely held religious
beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine mayrequest an
exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious
living for those who are touched by our products and services. We
understand that it takes investment in our associates' development
to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each
individual's personal development and the opportunity to
collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a
benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision,
dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly
offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to
our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about
our culture and company at .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified
personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status
as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you
need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process,
please contact . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by
reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law
Keywords: KOHLER, Gresham , Machine Operator, Other , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!