Meat Wrapper-Counter Clerk
Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores,
complete with our own distribution centers and transportation
network. We're proud to operate across 10 states west of the
Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe, as
the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the
United States and is #46 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low
cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Ensure meat is wrapped, weighed, and priced properly. Operate
wrapping machine. Provide customer service and ensures product
quality and selection. Maintain cleanliness of department and
equipment. Consistently provides friendly, courteous customer
service to internal and external customers. Perform other related
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
* Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
* Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with
an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer service.
* Answers questions from customers.
* Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
* Weighs, trays, grinds, wraps, and prices poultry and meat.
* Prevents sale of spoiled and outdated product by following laws
and company policy on weighing, labeling, code dating, processing
re-worked or reduced-to-clear items, etc.
* Ensures proper merchandising of product, signing, inventory level
in retail cases, and eye-appeal of the department.
* Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work area, equipment,
cutting room and retail cases according to company policy and legal
* Stocks and rotates product.
* Consolidates racks by moving trays from one rack to another.
* Cleans mirrors, glass etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
* Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and
* Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 5:00 am to 11:00
pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
* Perform friendly, courteous, tactful interactions and maintain
composure in dealing with customer and coworkers.
* Conduct visual inspections, read production guides and product
* Properly use cleaning chemicals in accordance with manufacture's
guidelines and instructions.
* Properly handle related food products per State and County laws,
and WinCo standards.
* Read and follow written work assignments and instructions.
* Communicate (hearing & speech) when working on the sales
* Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and
weights up to approximately 25 lbs. frequently and 30 - 60 lbs.
* Push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks.
* Perform repetitious arm movements required to wrap, slice and
* Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend,
twist and turn frequently.
* Perform safe, quick movements and operate related equipment
listed below with manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
* Work for prolonged periods of time in a refrigerated area (32 to
50 degrees Fahrenheit)
* Work with hands exposed to moisture while handling and stocking
poultry and meat.
* Learn product variability, perishability, safety and sanitation
procedures, and dept. policies.
* Perform basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and
compute weights and measures.
* Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective
equipment as required.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
* Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
* Scales, wrapping machines, slicers, cubers, pallet jacks, bailer,
and hand trucks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Gresham , Meat Wrapper-Counter Clerk, Other , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!