Full-Time Day Shift Janitorial Rover
Company: Relay Resources
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Not just work. Meaningful work.
People are at the heart of everything we
do. Our mission is to cultivate meaningful work for people
with disabilities and other barriers. By becoming a Janitor, you
will join a team that proudly keeps the facilities and shared
spaces in our communities clean, in a safe and effective way. Our
union representatives at SEIU Local 49 have acknowledged our
enhanced cleaning protocols and procedures, sharing them as best
practices for the janitorial industry.
We encourage people with a disability, a Preferred Worker
Card, or other barriers to employment to apply. Please let us
know if you need special accommodations.
- Full-Time Janitorial Rover
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Various Portland locations
- SEIU Union wages start at $16.25/hr, increasing to $17.25/hr
after completing 1040 hours.
- SEIU Union benefits, including medical, dental, paid time
off, paid sick days, and paid holidays.
What you’ll do
- Drive between sites to perform the following duties
- Disinfect touchpoints and wipe surfaces
- Ensure restrooms and terminals are clean including furniture,
glass, and outside cleaning
- Provide basic floor care tasks such as vacuuming, daily carpet
spotting, sweeping, and mopping
- Confirm all equipment is in good and safe working
- Dust, empty trash, stock restrooms, and clean walls, windows,
- Communicate with a supervisor about inventory needs.
Why you’re a great fit
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These
guidelines represent some, but not all the ways you might have
acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a
demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties but got there in a
different way, please apply.
- A can-do attitude and team spirit!
- One year of experience as a janitor, housekeeper, or other
cleaning role is helpful
- The ability to pass a criminal background check and drug
- Valid driver's license and personal vehicle
- Walk and stand for long periods of time
- Perform work that includes lifting items up to 20 lbs.,
carrying, bending, and pulling
- Speak and understand Basic English
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and
More about us
We’re a nonprofit organization based in Portland, OR,
employing more than 700 people in the Pacific Northwest. Our
variety of services includes janitorial, landscaping, document
services, and supply chain solutions, as well as managing
affordable housing. We create value for our community by delivering
quality services to our customers, good jobs to our employees, and
affordable homes to our residents.
Relay is one of the largest janitorial service providers in
the greater Portland area. Our team proudly cleans shared spaces
such as the award-winning Portland International Airport (PDX),
Portland State University (PSU), and Portland City Hall.
Relay Resources is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and we welcome everyone to our team/to apply. We are committed to
cultivating a people-first inclusive culture that benefits our
employees, customers, and residents. Relay encourages a diversity
of applicants of all backgrounds and identities including
disability, race, color, religion, gender identity, national
origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military
service, marital status, parental status, age, and individuals with
a Preferred Worker Card. Let us know if you need a reasonable
accommodation during the application or interview process, or to
perform the job for which you are applying.
Keywords: Relay Resources, Gresham , Full-Time Day Shift Janitorial Rover, Other , Boring, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!