Company: Relay Resources
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Not just work. Meaningful work.
People are at the heart of everything we do. Our
mission is to cultivate meaningful work for people with
disabilities and other barriers. By becoming a Payroll Specialist
you will join a team that proudly provides shared services across
multiple social enterprises at Relay.
We encourage people with a disability, a Preferred Worker
Card, or other barriers to employment to apply. Please let us
know if you need special accommodations.
Payroll Specialist (Full-time/Day)
We’re looking for an energetic and motivated teammate to be
responsible for assisting in the accurate and timely processing of
the organization’s semi-monthly payroll. This role provides regular
customer service to Relay employees, including education and
information about their payroll and Relay’s processes and
- $22.00 - $24.00/hr, depending on experience
- Full-time benefits, including: medical, dental, 403(b)
retirement plan, life insurance, and mileage reimbursement.
Relay pays 100% of an employee’s medical, dental, and vision
- Enjoy paid time off, paid sick days and paid holidays
What you’ll do
- Working hours will be Monday – Friday, Standard business
- Hybrid work - when in the office, location will be Relay
Resources Main Campus (Portland, OR)
- Timely and Accurate processing of semi-monthly payroll for
- Review of New Hire and Rehire employee profile data for
completeness and accuracy
- Assist with SEIU Benefit Reconciliation, reporting and payments
- Timesheet Review
- Assist with Employee Garnishment Administration and Set up
- Fulfill requests for payroll advances, check replacements,
termination checks in accordance with payroll procedures and
- Administer Union Dues and Deductions monthly, including reports
and payments to Unions
- Prepare separation checks in the timeframe mandated by state
- Maintain checklists for semi-monthly payroll and related
- Provide professional, timely customer service to employees,
managers, and external stakeholders related to payroll via phone,
email, and in-person Prepare payroll reports for management as
Why you’re a great fit
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These
guidelines represent some, but not all the ways you might have
acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a
demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties but got there in a
different way, please apply.
- A can-do attitude and team spirit!
- 3 years’ Payroll experience
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook,
- Prior experience with payroll and HRIS software and data
required; Kronos Workforce Ready experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to
communicate with a large variety of people, including people with
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills; able to successfully manage
multiple competing priorities
- Project management skills with the ability to follow through on
tasks and projects to completion and in a timely manner.
- Ability to pass credit and criminal history background check as
appropriate at any time during employment.
Are you interested in signing up for our careers email
newsletter? If so, please use this link to sign up!
More about us
We’re a nonprofit organization based in Portland, OR,
employing more than 700 people in the Pacific Northwest. Our
variety of services includes janitorial, landscaping, document
services, and supply chain solutions, as well as managing
affordable housing. We create value for our community by delivering
quality services to our customers, good jobs to our employees and
affordable homes to our residents.
Our shared services team members primarily operate from our
main campus building, which has a bright, open floor plan and
features with both collaborative workspaces and private on-demand
work rooms. These teams serve each of our social enterprises,
including Building Solutions, Office Solutions, Supply Chain
Solutions, and Affordable Housing Property Management.
Relay Resources is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and we welcome everyone to our team/to apply. We are committed to
cultivating a people-first inclusive culture that benefits our
employees, customers, and residents. Relay encourages a diversity
of applicants of all backgrounds and identities including
disability, race, color, religion, gender identity, national
origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, military
service, marital status, parental status, age, and individuals with
a Preferred Worker Card. Let us know if you need a reasonable
accommodation during the application or interview process, or to
perform the job you are applying for.
Keywords: Relay Resources, Gresham , Payroll Specialist, Other , Boring, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!