Company: Microchip Technology Incorporated
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded
control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general
purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers,
32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA)
products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear,
mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency
(RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless
connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable
Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories,
Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory
(SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in
a broad range of products.
Microchip has an opportunity for an experienced Technician
IV-Facilities - Reverse Osmosis Deionized Water-Waste Water
Treatment (RODI/WWT) in the Site Services department at our Fab 4
facility in Gresham, Oregon. Candidates will have experienced
knowledge of facilities operations and maintenance. This position
is on the back day compressed work week shift (Thurs, Fri, Sat and
every other Wed, 6:00 AM to 6:15 PM).
- Perform operations, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting
and repairs of facilities equipment associated with the RODI and
Waste Water Treatment Systems.
- Respond to RODI/ WWT system alarms.
- Support control room operations for all facilities
- Maintain associated written documents, reports, calibration
records and drawings.
- Provide timely response and follow-up to all correspondence,
maintaining open lines of communication with team members,
engineering and management.
- Provide suggestions for improvement to operations and
maintenance activities to enhance system performance, consistency,
efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Execute improvements to operations and maintenance
- Assist supervisors in identifying training requirements and
safety procedures in assigned areas.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, assisting other trades
- Team player. Ability to work with shift members and customers
to identify and solve system related issues.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge of RODI and WWT systems.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance logs, PM's and system
- Ability to work within technical level on projects with limited
direction, identifying what needs to be done and executing work in
a timely fashion.
- Must work well with others and cover shifts as needed.
- Must possess a strong mechanical aptitude with troubleshooting
and problem-solving abilities.
- 5+ years of experience with industrial facility operation and
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office, preventative
maintenance software and automated building control systems.
- 2 year degree in water or waste water treatment
- Familiarity with semiconductor clean room.
- Participation as an active member of the Fab 4 ERT (Emergency
- Ability to meet the requirements of the ERT physical.
- Must be able and willing to travel for training purposes.
Critical Physical Requirements
- Able to lift, push, pull approx. 50 lbs; carry 50 lbs; sit 5%;
stand 60%; walk 35%; must be able to perform activities that
include climbing, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, crawling, handling, feeling, hearing, talking, seeing.
Work environment could include slippery surfaces, noise or
vibrations, mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, fumes or odors,
dust or gases.
- Must have manual dexterity, hearing and visual acuity (color
distinction, peripheral vision and depth perception).
This is considered a safety sensitive position.
Keywords: Microchip Technology Incorporated, Gresham , Technician IV-Facilities, Other , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!