Human Resources Manager II
Company: Pacific Coast Producers
Location: The dalles
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Pacific Coast Producers
Location: 101 Madison St., The Dalles, OR, 97058, United
Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Human Resources
Required Degree: FOUR_YEAR_DEGREE
Manage Others: Yes
Pacific Coast Producers, one of the top fruit
packaging companies in the U.S., is seeking a Human
Resources Manager for its production facilities in The
Stationed at our Downtown Facility in The Dalles, Oregon, this
exempt-level manager will be responsible for providing leadership
in human resources and labor relations activities for two
operations in The Dalles, Oregon. These Oregon facilities employ
approximately 400 union production workers, and approximately 20
non-union management and administrative support staff. This
position will report directly to the Plant Manager in The Dalles
and indirectly to Director level HR staff at the Corporate
- Manages Exempt and Non-exempt HR and Payroll staff and oversees
and implements all HR and Payroll directives for the facilities in
- Interprets language and administers the Collective Bargaining
Agreement and acts as primary contact for union representatives in
handling disputes and other matters related to labor relations and
labor contract administration.
- Partners with management and employees to improve work
relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and
- Recommends, evaluates, and facilitates employee training and
- Implements and oversees talent acquisition and all hiring and
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
related to performance or behavioral issues. Makes recommendations
for appropriate disciplinary action.
- Investigates and reviews any employee charges or complaints
including but not limited to harassment or discrimination. Works in
conjunction with Corporate Human Resources personnel to resolve
complaints in accordance with corporate policy.
- Maintains and improves human capital management (HCM)
- Supports environmental, health and safety (EHS) efforts
including support on workers' compensation matters.
- Understands rules related to leaves of absence and organizes
strategy for handling related issues.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends, and employment and
- Assists executive management in strategic collective bargaining
matters, as well as reviewing and administering compensation and
- Reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for
improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent
years of related work experience required in a Union
- Knowledge of local, state and federal labor regulations.
- Knowledge and application of Human Resources principles and
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Effective coaching and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, managerial
and communications skills.
- Ability to gather and interpret and analyze information; and
develop, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Familiar with Payroll & HRIS systems and proficient with
- Strong customer service focus and ability to interact with
employees at all levels of the company.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and handle multiple
- SPHR or SHRM SCP certification preferred.
Pacific Coast Producers or PCP is an agricultural cooperative, and
a food production company owned by fruit growers. We make healthy
and flavorful products for families around the world to enjoy.
Our maraschino production facility in The Dalles uses Oregon-grown
cherries to make a wide variety of products for sale across the
Each PCP facility utilizes complex technology and equipment that
require skilled, talented, and motivated personnel to function
Come Work with Us!
Join our legacy of talented people working together to provide the
highest level of customer service.
PCP employees can earn competitive pay, along with terrific benefit
plans such as affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance.
An employer matching retirement savings plans is also provided to
Keywords: Pacific Coast Producers, Gresham , Human Resources Manager II, Other , The dalles, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!