Senior Software Engineer
Company: Stack Overflow
Posted on: January 15, 2021
At Stack Overflow, our mission is to serve developers. Whether
we---re helping developers get answers to their questions or find
new jobs, we build products that make millions of developers---
lives better every day. Our goal is to create a community and a
company where every developer feels welcome to learn, share their
knowledge, and build their careers.
Some Recent Projects We've Been Working On Include
As a full-stack web developer on the team, you---ll join a
cross-disciplinary team of developers, designers, and product
managers working on new and existing features while supporting
- Our newest products, Stack Overflow for Teams and for
Enterprise, which give organizations a private, secure home for
their team---s questions and answers.
- New experiments on Stack Overflow Talent and Advertising to
help companies reach and engage developers with job and advertising
- Improving our search algorithms to help developers find the
answers they need across both public and private Stack Overflow
- Developing internal tools to automate time-consuming processes
for other developers and members of the company and community.
You'll work primarily in our main tech stack of C#, ASP.NET, and
Microsoft SQL Server, with supporting technologies like Redis,
TypeScript, and Elasticsearch. If you---re not familiar with our
specific tech stack, we'll pair you with mentors who will help you
bridge the gaps. We do expect to see some existing enterprise-level
experience in the successful candidate for this role.
Skills And Requirements
We expect to see:
- Solid programming skills in your language of choice (not
necessarily ours) and a track record of getting stuff done.
- Full-stack web dev experience with any major server-side stack,
relational database, and modern front-end (JS, HTML, CSS).
Experience in our stack is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Associate: 1-2 years
- Intermediate: 3+ years
- Senior: 5+ years
- Excellent problem solving skills. You excel at analyzing and
solving problems using technology.
- Prior enterprise-level development and lifecycle experience.
You---ve worked on a large enterprise-class product before.
- Self-motivating, self-directing and a great communicator.
- Living and working within GMT-7:00 (US) to GMT+2:00 (Europe)
We Like To See (but Not Required)
- Experience working remotely and/or working with teams that are
- Experience shipping features in a fast-moving,
cross-disciplinary team (Product Managers, Designers, UX
Researchers, Product Marketing, etc).
- An active Stack Overflow profile, open source code, example
projects that you're proud of (whether open source or worked on at
a previous job), or any other evidence of your passion for building
- Knowledge of how Stack Overflow works from our blog and
- Experience with community based applications.
We---re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work
out of our New York office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest
due to COVID-19), you---ll be part of a remote work culture that
emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom,
Stack Overflow for Teams). While we---re generally very flexible on
working hours, living and working within GMT-7:00 to GMT+2:00 time
zones (US through Europe) is required for scheduling and
interaction with your team. We also believe in strong work-life
balance and are focused on making sure you have a positive work
experience, in-office or remotely.
In The United States, Benefits Include
What you---ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care
leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a
background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, We Need You To Know This
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on
the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation,
marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We
support workplace diversity.
But We Want To Add This
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a
broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a
better company and better products. We are working hard to increase
the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage
everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Keywords: Stack Overflow, Gresham , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!