Senior Pharmacy Technician
Location: Hood River
Posted on: March 20, 2023
- In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the
pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy.
Assists the pharmacist in the performance of other Pharmacy
Department duties in accordance with Company policies and
- Responsible for operating pharmacy systems to obtain patient
and drug information and process prescriptions. Assists with and
coaches pharmacy technicians in the operation of pharmacy systems
and cashiers in the operation of the pharmacy cash registers.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and
answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team
members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer
experience, including interpersonal habits (e.g., greeting, eye
contact, courtesy, etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g.,
offering help proactively, identifying needs, servicing until
- Develops strong relationships with most valuable
- Under the supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice
of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy.
Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager, Staff
Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems
to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is
entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting
and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct,
and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in
scheduling and maintaining work flow.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty
and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to
pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good
Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales
on assigned cash register, collects and handles cash as required.
Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention
of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third
party program prescription services in a timely and efficient
manner, and performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the
- Leads Pharmacy Department inventory management activities, such
as, ordering, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of
pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection
techniques, and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise
received, but not billed), shortages (merchandise billed, but not
received), order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist in
analyzing and seeking to improve pharmacy financial, customer
service and inventory performance data; reviewing Rx KPIs with
Store Manager and Healthcare Supervisor.
- May assist pharmacist in administering clinical services
including the collection and proper labeling of blood/urine samples
from patients and other clinical services as required; assists
pharmacy staff in coordination of clinical services, Walgreens
healthcare clinics and external providers.
- Assists Pharmacy Manager and Staff Pharmacist in developing and
maintaining good relationships with the local medical community,
including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers, by
medical provider detailing and outreach to health groups,
retirement homes, nursing homes, and other forums for enhancing
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the
Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat
and orderly in condition and appearance
- Coaches pharmacy technicians and cashiers in the correct use of
processes and tools in order to drive efficiency within the
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains
respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as
assigned.Training & Personal Development
- Maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB
training program and/or state required
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager and
acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and
skill in healthcare and pharmacy, including latest news and
Keywords: WALGREENS, Gresham , Senior Pharmacy Technician, Hospitality & Tourism , Hood River, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...