Dishwasher Prep Cook
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Close Date: Open until filled
TITLE: DISHWASHER-(HOOPER DSC)
HOURS: MONDAY-FRIDAY -10:30AM-5:00PM
Summary: Dishwasher will help maintain a clean kitchen in
accordance with sanitary practices and policies. Dishwashers are
responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and sanitization of
dishes, tableware, glassware, pots, pans, and utensils through
manual and machine cleaning methods. Additionally, dishwashers are
expected to keep the dishwashing area clean and safe.
- Maintains a clean and orderly kitchen.
- Properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, returns clean dishes
to their correct location.
- Keep dishwasher clean, water fresh and free of debris.
Responsible for operations of automatic dishwashing machines.
- Keeps floors clean and free of any standing liquids and
- Keep dish area free of clutter, food debris and mildew and
- Removing all garbage and recycling from the kitchen and to the
proper waste management bins.
- Ensure full kitchen cleanup is completed before the end of the
- Support cooking staff as requested and as needed. This may
included food preparation.
- Clean food preparation stations and equipment as requested and
- Perform additional cleaning duties as requested.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to operate a commercial dishwasher and change out
cleaning chemicals when necessary. Includes the ability to operate
a Hobart or like model automatic dishwashing machine.
- Ability to lift and transport a minimum of 50 pounds multiple
times per day.
- The ability to perform duties which involve retrieving items in
locations that may be overhead, under countertops, in drawers and
/or a significant distance apart repeatedly.
- Ability to conduct cleaning tasks and duties throughout the
allotted time of the shift
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to interact with clients, peers, guests and leadership
in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively and tactfully
with clients, visitors, peers and supervisors.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach,
pull and lift heavy objects. Able to climb stairs several times a
- Ability to consider impacts of oppression, structural racism,
and individual bias on client outcomes.
- Ability to utilize de-escalation techniques, when encountering
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a current Oregon Food handler permit or be able to
obtain within 2 weeks of hire.
- The OAR prohibits SUDS program staff from having within the
previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony
conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances
- If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence
under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the
immediate past two years.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits
package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at
the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match
of 6.25% in your 1 st year, 8% in the 2 nd year, and 10% in your 3
rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: cleaner, cookware, dishwasher, duties, kitchen
utility, lavaplatos, limpieza de cocina, sanitation, service
Keywords: Central City Concern, Gresham , Dishwasher Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!