Nurse, RN - Recuperative Care Program
Company: Central City Concern
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing
comprehensive services to single adults and families in the
Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and
addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet
our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal
and community transformation.
CCC's Blackburn Center is seeking a Nurse for the Recuperative Care
Program! Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm with some flexibility
possible for scheduling.
Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland,
Oregon (clinic and housing) that provides vulnerable people access
to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide
support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
Duties will include:
- Complete clinical assessments to determine program eligibility
for referred participants.
- Provide RCP staff education and support around basic medical
- Proactively communicate with enrolled participants' Primary
Care Providers and clinical teams, working to ensure early
post-hospital contact and ongoing appointments as appropriate.
- Provide participant education and health coaching on topics
including diabetes, hypertension, and other chronic diseases, and
including assisting participants with self-management
- Develop and maintain standardized protocols and programmatic
interventions based on most common diagnoses of enrolled
participants, in collaboration with participants and relevant care
- Successful completion of a course of accredited study that
leads to the AD, or BS or AA
- degree in Nursing from OSBN or State Board approved
- Current RN license in the State of Oregon.
- Must have an understanding of the causes of homelessness and
poverty, the medical and psychosocial impacts of homelessness and
the systems and processes used to help complex and medically
vulnerable participants secure and maintain stable housing,
healthcare, and other social services.
- Must have experience working with high-risk participants.
- Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Must be able to document nursing interventions and responses to
care and do so in an accurate, legible, and intelligible
- Must have excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Must have Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certification or willing
to obtain before start date
- Must possess a current driver's license and qualify as an
Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern's Fleet
Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days
of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of
$100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background
check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits
package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan which provides up to 4 weeks of PTO
accrual in the first year. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with competitive
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work
performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and
commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes
post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow
Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those
legal at the state level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: domiciliary, intensive, maternal, neonatal,
nurse, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery, unit
Keywords: Central City Concern, Gresham , Nurse, RN - Recuperative Care Program, Healthcare , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!