Registered Nurse Case Manager
Company: Albertina Kerr Centers
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Job DetailsLevel ManagementJob Location Clackamas County -
Clackamas, ORPosition Type Full Time (30+ hours per week)Education
Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range $46.59 - $46.59 HourlyJob Category
IDD Residential Care As the Registered Nurse Case Manager, you'll
oversee all medical support services for each person living in the
Medical Model (24/7 LPN staffed) home and for people requiring
nursing intervention/monitoring in non-medical model homes based on
RN Assessment and Nursing Care Plan, including training
non-licensed staff for anticipated emergencies and delegation of
nursing tasks as per OSBN rules, medication management and medical
records. Additionally, you'll coordinate medical support services
within and outside the home.Join our team, get a $2,000 sign-on
bonus!Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and
developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other
social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full
potential.All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or
meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to
beginning work.Essential Duties
- Complete RN Assessment, develop and implement an individualized
Nursing Care Plan (NCP) based on assessment, including level of
care to be provided (holistic or limited).
- Monitor and evaluate medical needs and interventions based on
- Take part in ISP pre-meeting and develop support documents
based in the Risk Identification Tool and RN Assessment and
- Train licensed and non-licensed staff on NCP, medical protocols
and procedures and ontasks for anticipated emergency and/or
delegate non-licensed staff on tasks of nursing care as per OSBN
- Monitor staff performance and maintain RN delegations as
appropriate within required timelines as per OSBN rules.
- Work with Program Manager to observe new staff and document
- Ensure overall medical needs of people served are met.
- Review documentation by licensed and non-licensed staff, follow
up on medical issues, complete medical documentation, facilitate
implementation of physicians orders.
- Advocate for the health and welfare of the people we support,
with families, staff, ISP teams and providers.
- Serve as a liaison between people we support, their families,
ISP teams and healthcare providers.
- Attend medical appointments as per nursing judgement and/or as
requested by program management.
- Monitor the health status, advocate and communicate with
healthcare providers on a routine basis while the people we support
are in healthcare facilities (hospitals, etc.).
- Work with program manager to explore and develop resources to
meet medical needs.
- Participate in staff meetings providing medical updates.
- Review medically related Incident Reports and work with program
managers to ensure medically related support documents are updated
and/or re-trained to staff as needed.
- Maintain availability to staff, managers and LPNs while on-off
duty, working with team RNs to ensure coverage as
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to 4% employer
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources
for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public
Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)Qualifications
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- One-year experience in medical/surgical nursing.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary team of developmental
disabilities, healthcare and mental health professionals.
- One-year of nursing experience working with individuals with
developmental disabilities or a related field.
- Possess knowledge of the Oregon Administrative Rules required
by the Department of Human Resources, OSBN rules regarding
delegation of nursing tasks of care and training for anticipated
emergency, Mental Health and Developmental Disability Services
- Must possess basic reading, writing, and mathematical skills
necessary to complete or utilize the records and forms required of
- Ability to meet agency insurance standards and be approved as
an authorized driver of agency vehicles.
- Ability to meet the following physical demands:
- Intermittent periods of standing and sitting, with frequent
periods of walking short distances within the facility.
- Frequent periods of bending from the waist and knees; frequent
periods of reaching from waist to shoulder levels.
- Moderate periods of lifting a maximum weight of approximately
50 pounds. Occasional periods of lifting in excess of 50 lbs.
Moderate periods of pushing or pulling in excess of 50 pounds.
- Moderate periods of carrying normal household supplies and
small equipment items weighing less than 10 lbs.
- Infrequent periods of twisting from side to side at the
Keywords: Albertina Kerr Centers, Gresham , Registered Nurse Case Manager, Executive , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!