General Manager - Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Company: Merete Hotel Management Inc
Location: Hood River
Posted on: November 12, 2021
SUMMARY: Plan, direct, and coordinate the operations of the
hotel. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies,
managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and
human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be
classified in any one functional area of management or
administration such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative
- Monitor budget to ensure efficient operation/to ensure
expenditures stay within budget.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and labor expenses.
- Implement and maintain local and corporate sales and marketing
plans. Maximize hotels profitability.
- Develop short and long term financial operating plans.
- Investigate and resolve guests quality and service
- Maintain procedures for security of monies.
- Maintain procedures for security of hotel equipment.
- Ensure compliance with hotels policies and procedures.
- Assist departments when needed, including but not limited to
Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, and Front Office.
- Maintain team member appearance standards.
- Select, train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire
team members to meet and exceed standards.
- Keep accurate records.
- Ensure safety of team members and guests.
- Manage in compliance with local, state, federal laws and
- Attend mandatory meetings.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this
- Other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Constantly
standing/walking, around the hotel. Standing/walking up to two
miles per day on cement, tile, asphalt, and carpet.
Reaching/overhead extension to pull items down. Occasional climbing
of stairs at the hotel. Standing at the front desk on tile or
carpet. Frequently sitting standard office furniture (padded swivel
chair, and car seat.) Lifting /carrying average weight frequently
20 lbs. Maximum weight occasionally 50 lbs. Pushing and pulling
average weight frequently 50lbs, maximum weight frequently 150lbs.
Repetitive motions of bending, kneeling, stooping, and
twisting.WORKING CONDITIONS: Working with and exposed to fumes,
chemicals, vibrations, humidity, cold, heat, dust, and noise. Must
adhere to the Hotels safety standards and procedures. Exposed to
computer printer noise, and telephone noise. Visually exposed to
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in hospitality management or
business or 3 years of experience in hospitality industry,
including at least 1 year in a supervisory role.
- Minimum 4 years hospitality/management experience
- Previous managerial experience in hiring, training, supervising
and scheduling employees a plus.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Valid driver license with DMV Record acceptable to be insured
driver on employer's insurance policy
- COVID-19 Vaccination is required as a condition of employment,
subject to accommodations.SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Ability to interpret financial and operational data into
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other
- Ability to manage according to employment laws in
- Time management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Maintain and exceed hotels standard of quality.
- Maintain labor costs; revenues to meet or exceed budget.
- Safety incidents at or below industry average.
- Ensure prompt and courteous service to guests to ensure all
guests experiences are distinctively supreme.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly
striving to improve all standards of operations.At Meret--, we are
committed to establishing a supportive and welcoming workplace
environment where bias is acknowledged and overcome and where all
associates feel welcomed and supported. We value and develop people
from all backgrounds and, experiences, leading us to better serve
our guests, associates, and community.Meret-- is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to status as a
protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or
other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.Location: 1
Nichols Parkway, Hood River, OR 97031Job Type: Full-timePay:
$95,000.00 per yearSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilityWork Location: Multiple Locations
Keywords: Merete Hotel Management Inc, Gresham , General Manager - Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River, Executive , Hood River, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!