Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: September 17, 2023
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Gresham School District!Servicing a fleet of Thomas HDX/C2,
IC bus and GM Vans!$2,000 Sign On Bonus!Save time and apply now
using our quick application! First things First: Who are we? Twice
the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the
leading school transportation solutions provider in North America.
Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more
passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly
trained drivers and the industry s strongest safety record, First
Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school
districts. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $28 - $32.50 per hour based on experience and qualifications
(NOT flat rate)
- $2,000 Sign on bonus! (Conditions apply. Offer expires
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday Days full-time shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots, tools, and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel Mechanic
with First Student, you will help maintain and repair diesel school
buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety, while providing
guidance to lower-level technicians. Other major job duties
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Technician
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason.Get your career on the road with First Student! We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Group, Gresham , Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Engineering , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!