Company: Astound Broadband Powered by Wave
Posted on: June 20, 2022
- Attend customer meetings in person and via the phone/web.
- Prepare technical proposals and presentations in conjunction
with Sales Executives, which may include preparation of network
topologies, network drawings, technical specifications, and
assisting with the development of pricing requests.
- Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical
liaison from pre-sales to post-sales.
- Analyzes customers business needs and develops strategies based
on knowledge of customer's current communications network,
equipment and business on how company can competitively meet
- Required to follow industry technology trends through
self-study and formal training.
- Participate in strategic and tactical account planning.
- Lead cross-market and corporate engineering teams to support
regional/national inter-market opportunities.
- Provides technical training and development to support the
Corporate Account teams.
- Perform other support duties, as assigned.Desired Skills and
ExperienceSkill & Abilities
- Requires a professional demeanor and appearance with strong
verbal and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated
ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Strong background in networking, IP routing protocols:
- MAN/WAN technologies including Carrier Ethernet, IP-VPN/MPLS,
- IP Transit, Peering, TCP/IP, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Cable DOCSIS and PON systems
- Layer 1 Access Networks (Optical, Hybrid Fiber Coaxial, Twisted
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking and protocols (Switching, VLANs,
Spanning Tree Protocol, Routing protocols, and Security)
- Voice networking technologies including VoIP, SIP, TDM, and
- Should have the ability to clearly define how a network
topology should look from top down. Should have knowledge SD-WAN
and the role it plays. Candidate should know Voice and VoIP
technologies and products.
- Experience with optical transport and WDW systems
- Experience with Cisco, Ciena, and Adva Ethernet and optical
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting telecommunications
services to Enterprise accounts
- Must have a proven track record of building, executing
technical solutions and sales strategies to penetrate, close, and
manage Enterprise accounts
- Experience in strategic account positioning with Executive
- Strong Computer Skills - including working knowledge of MS
Office products, Visio, Databases such as Sugar, NI2, NIMS and
Google Earth to start.
- Experience with various CRM tools
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skillsEducation
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or
University; or equivalent training, education and experience
- Industry certifications for Cisco such as (CCNA, CCNP) or
Juniper (JNCIA/ENT) preferred or equivalent. Security
certifications such as CEH, CBROPS, CISS or equivalent.
- MEF-CECP 2.0Diverse Workforce / EEO:Astound Broadband is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and
thrive on each other's differences to maximize the experience of
our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an
environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities
are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth,
lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age,
physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including
characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.EducationRequired
- High School or betterPreferred
- Bachelors or betterEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Astound Broadband Powered by Wave, Gresham , Sales Engineer, Engineering , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!