Engineer I-Facilities (Project Engineer) Virtual Hiring Event
Company: Microchip Technology Inc
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Microchip has an opportunity for an entry level
Engineer-Facilities (Project Engineer) at our Fab 4 facility in
Gresham, Oregon.Essential Functions
- The entry level Facilities Project Engineer will apply their
engineering knowledge to projects assigned by the Site Services
engineers, supervisors and manager.
- Develop project plans, schedules and budgets for assigned
- Control project costs through evaluating cost reduction
opportunities and efficient planning.
- Manage and coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring
compliance with cleanroom and safety protocol.
- Coordinate project activities with departments including Site
Services, Equipment Engineering, Production and EHS.
- Manage files and documentation supporting tool install
activities utilizing system maintenance databases.
- Work with system owners to understand facility equipment
operations and critical facility functions.Required Qualifications
- BS, Engineering degreeOr equivalent military or technical
- 0-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Solid organizational, documentation, writing and communication
- Self-directed, self-motivated.
- Proficient with MS Office products and basic business computer
- Knowledge of facilities semiconductor systems and
equipment.Critical Physical Requirements
- Able to lift, push, pull 25 lbs, carry 15 lbs, sit 40%, stand
30%, walk 30%; must be able to perform activities that include
climbing, bending at waist, stooping, kneeling, crouching,
reaching, crawling, handling, feeling, hearing, talking, seeing.
Work environment could include slippery surfaces, noise or
vibrations, mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, fumes or odors,
dust or gases.
- Must have manual dexterity hearing and visual acuity (color
distinction, peripheral vision and depth perception).
- Must be able to work outside in all conditions, climb ladders
and work on a multitude of indoor and outdoor surfaces.This is
considered a Safety Sensitive position.Technical requirementsAfter
signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to
connect.Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a
quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working
speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network
connection can support an online session. A plugged in ethernet
cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays
during your conversation.What to prepare
- ResumePreferred dress codeCasual (come as you are, but please
be presentable)About Microchip Technology IncMicrochip Technology
is hiring experienced Equipment Maintenance and Facilties
Technicians at our Fab 4 facility in Gresham, Oregon. Semiconductor
industry experience is ideal, but if you're a veteran with
technical training your experience counts! Technicians with
technical training and experience in other industries are also
potentially a good fit for Microchip. Fab 4 plans to add up to 50
technician jobs in the next 2 years. It's a great place to make the
next step in your career!We also have postions for Facilities and
Process Engineers with more to come.Microchip Technology is a
leading supplier of embedded control solutions by delivering a
broad spectrum of innovative standard and specialized
microcontrollers; FPGA products; analog, mixed-signal, timing and
security products; wired and wireless connectivity products;
related non-volatile memory products and Flash-IP solutions. In
order to contribute to the ongoing success of customers, employees,
shareholders and the communities in which we operate, our mission
is to focus resources on high value, high quality products, total
system solutions, software and services, and to continuously
improve all aspects of our business, providing an industry leading
return on investment.What is a virtual interview?Virtual interviews
help employers connect with job seekers when they are not in the
same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers
would like to talk with you online (chat, video or phone) to see if
you meet the requirements for the job.
Keywords: Microchip Technology Inc, Gresham , Engineer I-Facilities (Project Engineer) Virtual Hiring Event, Engineering , Gresham, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!