Company: COLUMBIA GORGE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Location: The Dalles
Posted on: November 22, 2021
GENERAL NARRATIVE DESCRIPTION OF POSITION This position is
responsible to the VP for Financial Service for performing
professional duties in the field of accounting in accordance with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Exercises independent
judgment and discretion in performing professional duties. Cross
training will take place to assist with other business operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains all aspects of general ledger
- Produces and reviews balance sheet reports and revenue and
- Assists VP for Financial Service in the preparation of the
annual budget and monthly budget adjustments.
- Assist with the financial audit by preparing and collecting
materials for audit and processing any required adjustments.
- Records deposits, ACH receipts, checks and ACH payments.
- Assists with monthly bank reconciliations.
- Performs positive pay banking activities.
- Responsible for safekeeping of cash till and performing daily
cash reconciliation including cash counts and written reports.
- Performs contract and grant accounting, invoicing and
- Provides financial and budget support to contract and grant
- Prepares the monthly budgetary fund statements.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual financial statements
and supplementary information.
- Performs annual IRS 1099 & 1098T activities and reporting.
- Performs annual unclaimed property reporting.
- Maintains confidentiality of data.
- Performs other tasks as assigned. The list of essential
functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of
the tasks performed within this classification. It is not
necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The
omission of an essential function does not preclude management from
assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical
assignment to the position. SUPERVISES THE FOLLOWING STAFF
NoneEXPERIENCE Experience working in the public sector with
computerized governmental accounting systems or significant
accounting and computer course work required. Grant accounting
experience preferred. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND Bachelor degree in
Accounting or in relevant field with significant accounting course
work required and/or equivalent relevant work experience. REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems;
- Ability to perform and prioritize tasks with limited
- Ability to perform work as a team member
- Proficient in computerized spreadsheets, relational databases
and word processing
- Must demonstrate oral and written communication skills
- Must pass a background check. WORKING CONDITIONS The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands and Work Position: Hand-eye coordination is
necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office
equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, feel or
operate computers, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, crawl,
climb, kneel, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Position information Studies have shown that women and people of
color may be less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every
one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding
the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply,
even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If
you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications for this
position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your
application. Open until filled. Starting annual salary
$60,498-$66,107 Salary placement dependent on qualifications,
experience, and internal equity. Please include a resume, and
letter of interest with your application materials.
Keywords: COLUMBIA GORGE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Gresham , Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , The Dalles, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!